A good Business Analyst has the expertise to:
- Discover and define business requirements
- Identify procedures and processes that require attention
- Provide a roadmap for effective implementation of strategy
Quay Business Analysts form an integral part of strategic business re-engineering, transitioning business from the ‘as is’ situation to the desired future state and are able to function competently in the many diverse areas of business and technology.
As career Business Analysts, Quay’s BAs provide our clients with relevant industry experience, a strong knowledgebase of the issues that affect projects, and a solid foundation in best practice methodology.
The Quay Business Analysis Practice provides resources and capabilities that facilitate effective understanding of functional and non-functional requirements for a given project.
Our BAs work with business and technology groups to profile the business need and ensure that the requirements are clear so that the resulting solutions match the business need. Our Business Analysis Practice also work closely with the Quay Architecture and Project Management Practices, ensuring a seamless integration of strategy and solution.
Major deliverables are reviewed by the relevant Practice Manager and our Business Analysts provide the essential tools, processes and operational capacities necessary within a quality assurance framework.
The core competencies within our BA practice include:
- The ability to extract essential information about the business
- Gaining a solid understanding of core requirements for the business
- The interpretation of those requirements into functional and technical specifications relevant to systems within the business
- Holding the solution and project to account against the scope and requirements of the project.
Quay can resource the following roles:
- Business analysts
- Technical analysts
- Process analysts
- Assurance support throughout the BA process
Standards & Best Practice
To ensure that our clients will always be provided with the highest quality of service, the Quay Business Analysis Practice adheres to best practice and standards, including BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) and CSBA (Certified Software Business Analyst) models.
Our practice is in line with the industry’s professional associations such as The International Institute of Business Analysis and The Chartered Institute for IT.