A multi-million relocation project for a leading global education provider ensured that learners and educators had access to leading-edge education facilities.
Reaching more than 70,000 learners across multiple colleges and campuses within their global network each year, Quay’s client is an Australian company with a global workforce of more than 7,000 employees that pioneered innovative university partnership models of education.
The Client was preparing to move to new premises in Sydney and engaged Quay to lead a technology fit-out of a 20,000sqm building designed for educational use and catering for more than 4000 students and 1000 staff.
The program was required to deliver better productivity through the design and use of an activity-based work environment and utilise innovative technology to enable the business.
With a total contract value of $71 million, Quay led a team of six direct reports and parts of the Client’s IT team, whilst liaising with various telecommunications services providers to develop a transition plan.
This enabled Quay to facilitate inception to execution of a successful transition to the new facilities.
- Stream 1 – IT Fitout including IP telephony refresh (cloud-based)
- Stream 2 – Audio-visual design for 100+ teaching rooms
- Stream 3 – Data centre design, architecture, migration and implementation to an off-site location and decommissioning of the old on-site data centre.
- Delivery of flexible working environments
- Customised agile activity-based working environments
- Blended approach of formal and informal workspaces
- IT technology that could adapt to the spaces as required
- Faster, more efficient IT across all buildings
- Development of architectural principles including IT governance, change management guidelines, and business benefits delivery.
For more information about our project delivery services, please contact us.